1. If you have a wooden door that’s been needing a lick of paint for a while, now’s the time to do it. If you’re feeling brave, go for a bright pop of colour – bright blues, greens, or even pink can give your house some character and style. Or if you have uPVC doors make sure they’re scrubbed clean and any brass or metal shines.
2. Front gardens can be as appealing to potential buyers as bigger back gardens. Take some time to make sure it’s neat and tidy; prune any hedges, mow the lawn, and if you don’t have any flower beds, consider putting in some flowers in pots (which you can later take with you to your new home!)
3. Consider outdoor lighting. If you’re selling your house in the winter and afternoon viewings might take place when it’s already getting dark, having good lighting at the front of your house is even more important. If you have a porch, make sure it’s well lit, as well as any paths up to the front door.
4. If there’s a driveway at your property considering borrowing or hiring a pressure washer and giving it a good clean.
5. Think about where you keep bins and recycling boxes. Bins and boxes at the front of the house can look untidy. If you have space, pick up a bin shed – a freestanding one can always move with you to your new property.
If you’re considering selling your home, Leese & Nagle are here to help. We can give you advice and tips personal to your property and guide you through the process. Give us a call today on 0117 974 1741 (Clifton office) or 0117 962 2299 (Westbury on Trym office) and we’ll be pleased to help you.