With the rise of online house selling sites like Rightmove and Zoopla, potential buyers can decide whether or not they’re interested in your home before they even see it in person. The importance of good photography in selling your home has never been higher, so here’s how you can maximise this opportunity.
1. Make sure your home looks its best before the photographer arrives. Now’s the time to get a head-start on de-cluttering your home, cleaning, tidying, and rearranging rooms so they look their best.
2. Think about when the light is good and book an appointment for that time of day. If your living room looks gloomy in the afternoons but has great light in the morning, that’s a good time for the photographer to come. The same goes if you have a big garden that basks in afternoon sunshine—we want to get the pictures that show off your home to its best.
3. Feel free to have a chat with your contact at Leese & Nagle about the type of people who will be most likely to be interested in purchasing your property. If you live in the catchment area for a great local school, think about how you can make your home more appealing to young families. For example, a conservatory that you currently use as a nice spot to relax might make a great playroom, in which case move bigger pieces of furniture out of the way to really show off its potential.
4. The finishing touches can make all the difference. Invest in some cut flowers, bowls of fresh fruit, and new bars of soap for the bathrooms. They’ll look particularly nice on your newly de-cluttered surfaces!
5. If you can be home when the photographer visits, that can really help, especially if there’s a part of your home you really want to show off. It’s much more of a hassle to send someone back to get that great shot of your garden than it is to make sure we get it all on the first visit.
If you’re considering selling your home, Leese & Nagle are here to help. We can give you advice and tips personal to your property and guide you through the process. Give us a call today on 0117 974 1741 (Clifton office) or 0117 962 2299 (Westbury on Trym office) and we’ll be pleased to help you.
HERES ONE OF OURS FROM A LOVELY HOUSE WE MARKETED AND SOLD OVER GUIDE PRICE
HERS ONE FROM A COMPETITOR FOUND ON RIGHTMOVE THIS MORNING ON A CLIFTON HOUSE ON THE MARKET AT £875,000